Nine years of professional experience building web applications with Ruby on Rails, Python, MySQL and Oracle. Background in social networking applications, biotechnology and artificial intelligence.
Currently contracted to mySociety.
Senior Manager, Informatics Researcher - Exelixis Inc.
- Led data warehousing project team to support timely internal reporting of company drug data.
- Refactored obsolete Java 'extract, transform and load' tool.
- Spearheaded the adoption of standard warehousing technology and best practices.
- Led project to develop a scientific literature knowledge management system.
- Achieved high level of tool adoption across different groups by giving tailored presentations and training, significantly reducing the time scientists spent on some knowledge intensive tasks.
Software Engineer - Extempo Systems, Inc.
- Maintained a systems architecture to support interactive web agents, based on natural language processing and generation software.
- Designed and created database-driven web learning and reporting applications.
Programmer - Broadband Communications
- Developed code for the Transforming Learning teacher training and development tool, a metadata-driven Intranet search tool interface and the Citiflows currency market analysis tools.
PhD — Software Agents for Internet-based Knowledge Engineering; MSc Information Technology; BA Psychology
- Designed and implemented a multi-agent architecture for acquiring, viewing, structuring and merging large amounts of knowledge from multiple Internet sources.
- Created a modular design to support integration with legacy and emerging web technologies including XML resources, databases and dynamic content-generation systems.
- Published several papers, and presented research internationally.